2218 New Residential Buildings Constructed in Bulgaria in 2007
The Black Sea port cities of Varna and Burgas lead in the number of new residential buildings with 508 and 451 respectively.
The capital Sofia ranks third with 193 new apartment buildings, whereas the second largest city Plovdiv has 176.
The new construction has brought 18 204 new apartments, increasing the total number of homes in the country to 3 746 758. Of these 2 372 522 are in the cities and towns (527 916 in the capital Sofia), and 1 374 236 are located in the villages.
According to the NSI, the average number of people per one home is 2,04 (down from 2,06 in 2006). The average residential area per person is 20,13 square meters, with 17,72 square meters in the cities and towns, and 25,96 in the villages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Facebook's Name will be Changed, According to a Technology Publication
- » Bulgaria: How Long will the Price of Living Continue to Rise?
- » Bulgaria’s Businesses: Dissatisfaction with the Rules for "Green Certificates”
- » Taxes and Fees Reduced en masse in Europe as Measures Against High Electricity Prices
- » Bulgarian Restaurateur: There is No Way to Check Customers for Green Certificates
- » Bulgaria’s Government Announces Measures to Compensate Businesses for High Electricity Prices