EUR 50 M Invested in New Ski Resort in Bulgaria Rhodoppe Mountain
The new Mechi Chal resort will serve to turn the small mountain town in an international center for winters sports and mountain tourism.
Its name Mechi Chal comes from the name of the Chala area, where the complex will be located.
The construction of the new complex will take place in three phases over the next five years. The first phase will be completed by the end of 2008, and includes the renovation of an existing ski lift, the construction of a new, 2,7-km long lift, and of a new 3,5-km long ski track with facilities for artificial snow.
The second phase of the project will be completed in 2009-2011. It provides for the construction of a sports center in the town of Chepelare, and another 3-km long lift.
The third phase includes the opening of summer vacation facilities and a resort village.
"This is one of the first projects in the country, which will be realized through an equal partnership between the Chepelare Municipality and the business investors", the Chepelare Mayor Georgi Popov.
The first sod of the new resort will be turned on Saturday during a formal ceremony, which will be attended by the Deputy PM Meglena Plugchieva, the Minister of Culture Stefan Danailov, the Economy Minister Petar Dimitrov, and the Director of the State Forestry Agency Stefan Yurukov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Airlines Lash out at UK Government over Travel Restrictions
- » Mobile Is the Most Popular Payment Method in Bulgaria
- » Vaccination Task Force Called on Extraordinary Meeting by Bulgarian Health Minister
- » Payment of Concession Fees for Sofia Airport Postponed for Ten Years
- » Bulgaria: Non-Food Retail Chains Are Broke, Brace for Civil Disobedience
- » Bulgaria: New Job Vacancies on Rise Despite Lockdown