Bulgaria Chooses Madara Horseman for National Symbol at Euro Coin Design
The relief near Bulgaria's town of Shumen gathered a total of 25% of all citizens across the country, who voted for months to choose between the rose, the Rila monastery, Madara Horseman and the Cyrillic alphabet.
The final discussion is to take place in the National museum of History, as Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov has also attended it.
The relief depicts a majestic horseman thrusting a spear into a lion lying at his horse's feet while an eagle is flying in front of the rider and a dog is running after him. The scene symbolically depicts a military triumph and was engraved in the rock during Khan Tervel's rule.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy Extends Covid-19 Restrictions Until After Easter
- » Slovakia Introduces Curfew amid World Highest Covid Mortality Rate
- » More Details about Powerful Quake in Central Greece
- » Two Patients Die after AstraZeneca Shot in South Korea, Investigation Is Underway
- » Strong Earthquake Rocks Central Greece
- » Bulgaria: 80 Percent Should Be Vaccinated to Build Herd Immunity