Bulgaria Chooses Madara Horseman for National Symbol at Euro Coin Design
The relief near Bulgaria's town of Shumen gathered a total of 25% of all citizens across the country, who voted for months to choose between the rose, the Rila monastery, Madara Horseman and the Cyrillic alphabet.
The final discussion is to take place in the National museum of History, as Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov has also attended it.
The relief depicts a majestic horseman thrusting a spear into a lion lying at his horse's feet while an eagle is flying in front of the rider and a dog is running after him. The scene symbolically depicts a military triumph and was engraved in the rock during Khan Tervel's rule.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Accommodation and Visits to Nursing Homes in Bulgaria Has Stopped
- » Modernization in Ruse's District Heating Leaves over 17,000 Without Hot Water by the End of the Month
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 Workers in a Sewing Workshop in Razlog Infected with Coronavirus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain Over Western Bulgaria, Sunny on the Seaside
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 303 New Cases in 5701 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 28: No Tension, Demonstrations in Many Cities