Leader of Attacks against Sofia's Gay Parade Freed on Bail
Over the last week Rasate's BNU had been among the strongest opponents of the gay parade, and even launched a campaign under the motto: "Be Intolerant, Be Normal" with posters spread all over Sofia.
According to some accounts, Rasate's five-year old daughter, whom he brought with him to the anti-rally, was left alone and helpless after he was arrested and thrown in the back of one of the police cars.
More than 60 persons have been arrested by the police for trying to attack and harass the participants in the proces, which took place in Bulgaria's capital on Saturday afternoon.
The arrested are mostly representatives of the skin heads and other extremist groups, who were throwing stones, bottles, squibs, and even Molotov cocktails at the procession.
The massive presence of the police, who were about as many as the participants in the parade - 150, however, prevented the hooligans from doing harm to any of the homosexuals and their supporters, and no one has been reported injured.
Meanwhile, many of those who accompanied the arrested persons, complained of police violence against their friends.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained
- » Citizen of Northern Macedonia Crossed the Bulgarian Border Illegaly and Damaged 2 Police Cars
- » Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
- » 1048 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Non-Compliance with Covid-19 Emergency Measures