Ancient Jewelry Unearthed in Temple of Sun near Bulgaria's Sliven
The news was announced by Kitov himself on Thursday.
The scientists found golden earrings, silver bracelets and three bronze rings in a brick tomb of a Roman woman buried in the mound.
A mourning bronze coin was discovered in the mouth of the skeleton and there was clay beads round its neck, according to the deputy-head of the group Nikolay Sirakov .
"The Drumeva Mound was girded with a stone wall, which showed it probably was a temple of the sun", Dr. Kitov explained several days ago in an interview for the Bulgarian private Darik Radio.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: The Green Certificate for post-illness remains
- » Bulgarian PM: I guarantee that the schools will close last
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4389 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Arriving in Bulgaria: Children aged 12 to 18 from Red Zone countries must present a PCR test
- » Highest mortality in the EU: 88% more deaths in November in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctor: There are many children infected with Omicron