French-Bulgarian Theorist Tzvetan Todorov Wins Top Spanish Award
The Prince of Asturias Foundation says it is honouring Todorov for his work on issues such as development of democracy, understanding among cultures and the impact of violence on collective memory.
"Todorov represents the spirit of the unity of Europe, of East and West, and commitment to the ideals of freedom, equality, integration and justice," the foundation say.
Todorov was born in Sofia in 1939 and moved to Paris in 1963. His books and essays about literary theory, thought history and culture theory have been translated into 25 languages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: The Pandemic is Far from Over
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Issuance of Certificates for Post-Illness after Antigen Test Begins Today
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgaria: What are the Measures Needed to Get the Children back to School
- » Bulgaria: GPs are Still Unable to Prescribe Free Prescriptions for Covid Drugs
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 9°-14°C