French-Bulgarian Theorist Tzvetan Todorov Wins Top Spanish Award
The Prince of Asturias Foundation says it is honouring Todorov for his work on issues such as development of democracy, understanding among cultures and the impact of violence on collective memory.
"Todorov represents the spirit of the unity of Europe, of East and West, and commitment to the ideals of freedom, equality, integration and justice," the foundation say.
Todorov was born in Sofia in 1939 and moved to Paris in 1963. His books and essays about literary theory, thought history and culture theory have been translated into 25 languages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: A New Theory Suggests Wearing a Mask could Imperceptibly Build Immunity
- » Bulgaria: Tremendous Shortage of Nurses and Midwives
- » Bulgaria Received 2593 Vials of Remdesivir
- » New Skin-Related Symptoms Found in COVID-19 Infected Patients
- » Three Killed in a knife Attack in a Church in Nice
- » Education Minister: 15 Schools in Bulgaria Are Entirely on Remote Learning