French-Bulgarian Theorist Tzvetan Todorov Wins Top Spanish Award
The Prince of Asturias Foundation says it is honouring Todorov for his work on issues such as development of democracy, understanding among cultures and the impact of violence on collective memory.
"Todorov represents the spirit of the unity of Europe, of East and West, and commitment to the ideals of freedom, equality, integration and justice," the foundation say.
Todorov was born in Sofia in 1939 and moved to Paris in 1963. His books and essays about literary theory, thought history and culture theory have been translated into 25 languages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Public Transport in Sofia will Not Stop Tomorrow but there will be Heavy Traffic due to Protests
- » Are Your Passwords Safe?
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 362 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Eurovision: The 12 Points from Romania to Moldova actually went to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: The Relocation of Ukrainian Refugees to Departmental Accommodations has Begun