Czech President Scorns "Europeism"
On July 1 France is taking over the rotational chairmanship of the EU.
"We should let people living on the European continent live as Czechs, Poles, Italians, Danes. Let's not turn them into "Europeans". This is a faulty project. The difference between the Czech, the Pole, the Italian, the Dane and the European is the same as the difference between the Czech, Polish, Italian, Danish languages and the Esperanto. Europeism equals Esperanto - an artificial, dead language", stated Klaus in front of newspaper reporters.
Vaclav Klaus is recovering from a surgery and would not be meeting with Sarkozi. The French President would have talks with the Czech Prime Minister instead.
After the Irish "NO" to the Lisbon Reform Treaty, Klaus stated that the treaty is already history and its ratification must be discontinued.
"The Czech Republic is hesitating. According to many diplomats, analysts and commentators, the country could strike a deadly blow to the EU Reform project", according to articles in the Czech media.
The Czech Republic is one of the eight EU countries, which have not yet ratified the Lisbon Reform Treaty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro