Czech President Scorns "Europeism"
On July 1 France is taking over the rotational chairmanship of the EU.
"We should let people living on the European continent live as Czechs, Poles, Italians, Danes. Let's not turn them into "Europeans". This is a faulty project. The difference between the Czech, the Pole, the Italian, the Dane and the European is the same as the difference between the Czech, Polish, Italian, Danish languages and the Esperanto. Europeism equals Esperanto - an artificial, dead language", stated Klaus in front of newspaper reporters.
Vaclav Klaus is recovering from a surgery and would not be meeting with Sarkozi. The French President would have talks with the Czech Prime Minister instead.
After the Irish "NO" to the Lisbon Reform Treaty, Klaus stated that the treaty is already history and its ratification must be discontinued.
"The Czech Republic is hesitating. According to many diplomats, analysts and commentators, the country could strike a deadly blow to the EU Reform project", according to articles in the Czech media.
The Czech Republic is one of the eight EU countries, which have not yet ratified the Lisbon Reform Treaty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated