Treasure Hunters Destroy Roman Fortress Site in Bulgaria's Ruse
The treasure hunters searched the site after it was announced that a unique 15-cm tall statute of the goddess Venus had been discovered there by the archeologists on Wednesday.
The treasure hunters destroyed everything the researchers had accomplished including all preparations for taking pictures of the archeological site. They also destroyed layers, which had no been studied so it is unclear whether they found anything valuable during their raid.
The artifacts found at Trimanium were not at the site so none of them got stolen.
The Venus statue that was discovered there is made of bronze and is dated back to the second half of the third century A.D.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 288 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » The World Health Organization changes the name of Monkeypox
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » World Bank: Bulgaria is among the countries with the most Aging Population in the World
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out