Kosovo Parliament Adopts National Anthem
The hymn has only music and no text. It is called "Europe", and was composed by Mehdi Mendici. The lack of text is seen as compliance to the principle of multi-ethnicity of the newest Balkan Republic.
Representatives of the Alliance New Kosovo party said they did not support the hymn because it did not reflect the cultural specificity of the former Serbian province.
The constitution of Kosovo, which declared its independence unilaterally on February 17, will enter into force on June 15.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister