Bulgartabac: Contraband Cigarettes Account for 15-20% of Bulgarian Market
Mr Dimitrov added that Bulgartabac currently holds 62-63 percent of the cigarette market in the country but said that contraband usually increases in cases of price hikes.
Bulgartabac is currently going through a process of optimisation and restructuring, which will allow the company to keep its market share, Dimitrov told reporters.
On Tuesday, it was announced that privatisation of tobacco factories in Plovdiv and Stara Zagora through the Stock Exchange is expected in the beginning of July, which is the deadline for the Supervising Board of "Bulgartabac Holding" to approve the entire documentation for the procedure.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy