Pope Criticises Handling of Catholic Church Sex Scandals
Speaking to bishops in Washington, the Pope said the situation "was sometimes very badly handled," adding the values and opinions of society must be reassessed, so that "a sound moral formation can be offered to young people and adults alike," Euronews reported.
After the ceremony, President Bush received the Pope for a talk in the Oval Office.
Sex abuse victims have called for firm action from the Vatican, while at the same time the Pontiff did not outline any concrete steps, just urged bishops to give more guidance to priests.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 94 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces continue their Offensive in Donbas
- » Russia expects $14 Billion in additional Oil and Gas Revenues this year
- » US General: Sweden and Finland do Not Need more US Forces
- » Israel will Not Give Missiles to Ukraine despite US Pressure
- » Day 93 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 1,500 Killed in Sievierodonetsk
- » China and Russia have Vetoed new UN Sanctions against North Korea