Israeli Tanks Hit Gaza
An Israeli army spokeswoman confirmed that forces were operating in Gaza and had come under gun and mortar fire, aljazeera reported.
The incursion comes after two Hamas fighters were killed in an overnight Israeli air strike in southern Gaza, and two days after Palestinian fighters carried out a cross-border raid in which two Israelis were killed.
After Wednesday's raid by Palestinian fighters on a fuel tank, the Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert vowed to "keep hitting Hamas" and end attacks from Gaza.
Meanwhile Palestinians protested against Israel's temporary shutdown of the terminal, which is Gaza's only source of fuel.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission announced Five Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected
- » Day 582 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO Chief visited Kyiv
- » The Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh will soon Cease to Exist
- » North Korea wrote its Nuclear Status into the Constitution