Obama Calls for Dialogue with Iran
The inclusion of Iran in a wider regional diplomatic initiative would be critical for its success and for the ending of the Iraq war according to Obama
"I do not believe we are going to be able to stabilize the situation without them... we should be talking to them as well," the Illinois Senator said regarding Iran.
Obama made the remarks during a hearing at the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee of the commander of US forces in Iraq, General David Petraeus, who presented a progress report on Iraq.
Petraeus stated earlier that Iran had a destructive role in the region by supporting the Shiite militias in southern Iraq, who fight the US troops and the Iraqi security forces.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests