Bulgaria President Pays Official Visit to Poland
Among the aims of the visit is discussing the countries' stands as partners in NATO and the EU and defining security strategies, and relations with Russia, authorities said.
On Tuesday, the presidents signed a declaration for cooperation in the political, economy, and culture spheres and stated their will to continue partnership in the sphere of security at Euro-Atlantic level.
During the two-day visit Parvanov is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Donald Tusk as well as Sejm Marshal Bronislaw Komorowski.
The Bulgarian President is to attend a Polish - Bulgarian business forum and is going to visit the ancient city of Krakow.
Statistics show that Poland's trade with Bulgaria for 2007 amounts at EUR 349 M and according to the Bulgarian National Bank the country ranks 33rd among the foreign investors in Bulgaria.
Experts say Poland and Bulgaria could benefit from cooperation in energetics, machinery construction, and agriculture.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria’s President: An Active Information Campaign is Needed for the Machine Vote
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy will Unblock Arms Exports for BGN 1 Billion
- » Priorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: The Fight against Vote Buying, Road Safety and Domestic Crime
- » Bulgarian MFA: The Main Priority is Holding the Elections Abroad, 800 Voting Sections are Expected
- » Leader of “Democratic Bulgaria”: "Gazprom" is a Geopolitical Weapon