Australia Starts Capturing and Storing CO2
The geo-sequestration plant is designed to capture CO2 from a power station and store it 2 kilometres below the surface, BBC reported.
The gas is liquefied before pumping it underground and researchers believe the technology will help Australia heavily reduce greenhouse emissions.
According to scientists, the site in southern Australia will absorb 100,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases.
Environmental groups have voiced concerns that the geo-sequestration has too many unknowns and it would be better to spend the money on proven technologies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Can Enter the UK Without Visa for 6 Months From 2021
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries
- » UK Public Debt Record High Above 100% of GDP
- » Complains Rise in Sweden as COVID-19 Cases Spike
- » Turkey Aggressively Raises Main Interest Rate to 15 Percent