Ex-Director of Bulgaria's Security Service Calls for Interior Min's Arrest
"Petkov committed a crime by patronizing an official who worked for the grey economy," Atanasov said, referring to the recent case with deputy director of the special GDBOP division for combating organized crime, Ivan Ivanov, arrested on Tuesday over allegations of leaked confidential information.
Atanasov, who is an MP from the rightist Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) and member of the Internal Security and Public Order Committee of the parliament, accused Petkov of staying idle despite he was acquainted with Ivanov's activities.
"Why does the investigation show no progress over the case?" Atanasov asks, adding that not Ivanov but the Interior Minister is the one whom society expects to be put in jail.
Atanasov also said that the prosecution is working under pressure on the Ivanov case but did not provide more details.
On Wednesday, Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov and leader of opposition GERB party, declared he has information that the Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev also knew about Ivanov's crimes but nevertheless stayed inactive.
Borissov commented that "the government is running on autopilot" and it is high time Stanishev took some actions before the cabinet completely loses society's trust in institutions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Full Recovery of the Movement in the EU from June 15
- » Trump to the Governors: “Most of You are Weak”
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Italy's Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio: Don't Treat Italy like a Leper Colony
- » Trump's War Against Social Media