Bodies of Bulgarian Cargo Ship Vanessa's Captain, 4 More Sailors Identified
The ship's captain Miroslav Dimitrov, the mechanic Adrian Hristov and the sailors Dimo Dimov, Dimitar Chepishev and Toncho Bakalov were identified among the victims in the last two days.
The names of the boatswain Goran Todorov and the Ukrainian sailor Oleg Yunikov have added to the list of the dead crewmembers among all 11, who were on board at the time of sinking.
Ukrainian rescuers recovered the bodies of Petko Momchev and Georgi Zhelev days after the targedy, while the only survivor is Nikolay Dimitrov. The mechanic was rescued after spending 10 hours in the ice-cold waters.
The search for the last missing sailor continues.
The reasons for the shipwreck are still under investigation that will last for at least two more months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases
- » Chief Health Inspector Kunchev: High Mortality Rate from Covid-19 in Bulgaria Must Be Analysed
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector Alerts to Insufficient Vaccination Rate
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 100 Newly Infected, 15 Fatalities
- » Hitchhockian Horror in Sofia – Crows Attack People
- » New Symphony Orchestra to Perform Its First Concert in Memoriam of James Pardew