Bulgaria Named Brits Best Value Holiday Hotspot
A pint of beer and a Big Mac costs just GBP 1.49 in Bulgaria, making it the world's best value holiday hotspot for Brits, according to the survey of Teletext Holidays, a specialized tourism site.
The World's Best Value Breaks Report surveyed holiday costs in 20 worldwide destinations.
The findings cement Bulgaria's reputation as a cheap package holiday destination, with many Brits now shunning the Costas in favour of Black Sea resorts like Sunny Beach and Golden Sands.
Research revealed that traditional holiday favourites such as Spain, which trailed in 17th place, Italy and France are left firmly in the shade when it comes to value-for-money escapes.
The Teletext Holidays survey claimed average hotel prices in Spain vary between GBP 80- GBP 145 per night, while holidaymakers have to fork out GBP 18 for a three-course meal.
Although Bulgaria boasts the cheapest pint in Bulgaria - costing 49p - beer-lovers can also enjoy a cheap booze-up in Morocco (51p), the Czech Republic (61p) and South Africa (83p).
Marrakech, famed for its winding souks, minarets and medinas, is singled out for offering luxury breaks at affordable prices. A five-star hotel room with breakfast in the city will set the visitor back GBP 80.
Two other African hotspots - Tunisia and Egypt - are also recommended for holidaymakers on a shoestring, while Greece, Turkey and Portugal are other short haul winners.
Surprisingly, two long haul destinations are featured in the top 10. Despite the flight costs, splashing out on a three-course meal in South Africa or India won't cost more than a tenner.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Lack of Firewood Imports from Bulgaria led to a Sharp Rise in Prices in Greece
- » "Politico": No Sanctions against Russian Nuclear Energy - Because of Bulgaria
- » Is It A Good Idea To Trade USDC
- » Ex-Head of the Bulgarian Services: Putin feels Cornered and looks for a Solution Hysterically
- » Bulgaria’s President Convenes Consultative Meeting on the Escalation of the War in Ukraine
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas