Bulgaria Capital to Recognize Armenian Genocide
The motives of the draft document states that 10 countries, 35 US states, many municipal councils in Europe, a number of European capitals, and the European Parliament had acknowledged the existence of the Armenian Genocide.
"We suggest that Bulgaria's capital join the cities and countries which have denounced the genocide", the draft declares.
DSB also wants to declare April 24 Day of Remembering the Armenian Holocaust Victims. "Many of the more than a million Armenian expatriates found their new home in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian people only gained from their and their descendants' presence in its country", the party led by former MP Ivan Kostov states.
The Bulgarian Parliament already rejected the motions made by the Ataka and the VMRO parties to recognize the Armenian genocide. The main opposition to them came from the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms, which is a junior partner in the governing three-way coalition.
The motion was supported by the only MP from Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov's GERB party Lachezar Ivanov. GERB has a majority in the Sofia City Council.
- » PM Borisov: Let's not Allow Bulgaria to Become a Cemetery for Old Diesel Cars
- » Train will Connect Bankya and Kazichene
- » A new border checkpoint is opened at the border with Romania
- » Prime Minister Borisov Asked for a Debate on the Issue of Media Freedom in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Allocate Nearly 52mln BGN for Christmas Supplements For the Pensioners
- » The Czech Republic Will Not Join the United Nations Migration Pact
Shame on the recent Parliament of Bulgaria, which is representing the INterests of Ankara nationalist attempts, to deny the inalienable rights of the Armenian Nation to live in freedom and independantly, and shame on those who voted in favor of refusing to recognize the Genocid of the Turkish Ottoman Authorties against its Armenian Population 1913-1915...