Bulgaria Capital to Recognize Armenian Genocide
The motives of the draft document states that 10 countries, 35 US states, many municipal councils in Europe, a number of European capitals, and the European Parliament had acknowledged the existence of the Armenian Genocide.
"We suggest that Bulgaria's capital join the cities and countries which have denounced the genocide", the draft declares.
DSB also wants to declare April 24 Day of Remembering the Armenian Holocaust Victims. "Many of the more than a million Armenian expatriates found their new home in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian people only gained from their and their descendants' presence in its country", the party led by former MP Ivan Kostov states.
The Bulgarian Parliament already rejected the motions made by the Ataka and the VMRO parties to recognize the Armenian genocide. The main opposition to them came from the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms, which is a junior partner in the governing three-way coalition.
The motion was supported by the only MP from Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov's GERB party Lachezar Ivanov. GERB has a majority in the Sofia City Council.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Elected Stefka Stoeva as Chair of the New Central Election Commission
- » Belarus and Bulgaria to Share Information on Knowledge-based Developments
- » New Development with the Concession of Sofia Airport
- » After Meeting with GERB: Volya Party will Stay in Parliament
- » There Are 23 billion Smart Devices in the World, Their Number is Expected to Triple by 2025
- » Around 1.3 million Pensioners in Bulgaria Will Receive Additional BGN 40 to Their Easter Pensions
Shame on the recent Parliament of Bulgaria, which is representing the INterests of Ankara nationalist attempts, to deny the inalienable rights of the Armenian Nation to live in freedom and independantly, and shame on those who voted in favor of refusing to recognize the Genocid of the Turkish Ottoman Authorties against its Armenian Population 1913-1915...