Bulgaria Army to Be Reduced By 8,000 Soldiers
The news was broken by the Minister of Defense Veselin Bliznakov on Thursday after he changed his previous proposal over dismissal of 5,000 military officials.
"We are also going to close down several garrisons and a total of 60 military districts but in return the salaries of those, who continue working in the army, will be increased since January 1, 2009", the minister said.
Bliznakov declared that, together with the continuing modernization, social policy, participation in international missions, and natural disasters and crises management will be the main objectives of the armed forces in the following years.
It has been previously announced the Ministry of Defense is going to raise funds not only through by cutting the personnel but also by selling useless military real estate. 90% of that will be auctioned, and 10% will be bartered.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » PM of India Narendra Modi Addresses the United Nations General Assembly
- » PM Borissov at UN summit: Bulgaria Is Ready To Do Its Part. It Is Time For Action
- » Morocco: Meeting Between EC Vice-President Borrell and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Bourita
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Will Participate in 75th Session of UN General Assembly
- » Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months