5000 Protest in Skopje over Macedonia Name Dispute with Greece
According to protesters, Macedonia should stop any negotiations with Greece over the name issue, which was actually absurd and could not threaten security in any way, France Presse reported.
At the same time Greece vows to veto Macedonia's effort to join NATO unless a solution is reached, saying the name issue is a vehicle that aims at annexing the northern Greek province of Macedonia.
Representatives at the United Nations from Greece and Macedonia are to meet in New York on Friday, to continue negotiations.
Greek media reported earlier in the month that the UN proposed five alternative names to Macedonia, which are: Constitutional Republic of Macedonia, Democratic Republic of Macedonia, Independent Republic of Macedonia, New Republic of Macedonia, and Republic of Upper Macedonia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea