Bulgaria Commemorates the Apostle of Freedom
A ceremony, which will force changes in traffic, is to start at 6 pm in downtown Sofia at the Apostle's monument.
Dirges and commemorative rallies will be held also in the towns of Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Pleven and Lovech. In Levski's hometown of Karlovo a rally to his house will be staged and wreaths laid in front of the monument of Apostle's mother, Ghina Kuncheva.
Vassil Levski (1837-1873) was the leading revolutionary of the national movement for Liberation from the nearly 500 years of Ottoman rule.
He established numerous revolutionary committees and started preparing a general uprising. Levski was betrayed and captured by the Turks in late 1872 and was executed after a trial on February 18, 1873.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » Czechs Celebrate the End of Covid-19 Crisis with Giant Party in Prague
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China