Bulgaria's Army Digs out Its Maybach Tanks
Army officials reported that a number of Panzer IV tanks, equipped with Maybach engines and previously buried near the southern Bulgarian border as stationary guns, have already been dug out and transported to a secure military base.
All tanks will be in a safe place before the end of February but it is still unclear what their future will be, the army said.
According to experts, there are few tanks of the same type in the world still outside the military museums and robbers could make a good profit by selling parts of the machines to collectioners.
In November, Bulgaria's police arrested two German nationals and a Bulgarian army major over stealing and exporting abroad a whole Panzer IV tank and attempting to do the same with a second one.
In January , police launched another investigation over a stolen turret of a third vintage tank.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria