Highly Contested Presidential Primaries in US Super Tuesday
The Democratic race between the New York Senator Hillary Clinton, and the Illinois Senator Barrack Obama is especially tight, with Obama predicted to win in eleven states - Idaho, Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Utah.
Clinton, however, is believed to have won in California, the state with the largest number of delegates to the national party convention. She also carried eight other states - Arizona, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
The Republican race was more decisive with Arizona Senator John Maccain taking the lead by winning in seven states - Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, plus California. Maccain is piling up delegates to the national convention through the Republican "winner-take-all" system.
The other two candidates, the former governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney and the former governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee hope to remain in the race as each of them carried five states. Romney won in Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, and Utah, while Huckabee is victorious in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up