NATO Suspects Bulgaria to be Russia's Trojan Horse - Report
"You could bet that anything we shared with Bulgaria inside NATO went straight to Moscow," the New York Times cited an unnamed senior Western European diplomat as saying.
The article, entitled "KGB-Trained Hungarian Has NATO Role" tells the story and considers the repercussions of the appointment of the new chairman of NATO's intelligence committee Sandor Laborc, who had spent six years at the K.G.B.'s academy in Moscow during the 1980s.
"The old Communist nomenklatura and secret services is still around in Romania and Bulgaria. But I must say the case of Hungary is very, very disappointing," the senior Western European diplomat told New York Times.
Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic joined the alliance in 1999, and the rest of the former Warsaw Pact countries in 2004.
"After that expansion, military attachГ©s from the Bulgarian delegation did not receive clearance to have access to a certain level of intelligence material," the article points out.
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » North Macedonia Says Police Prevent 'Terrorist Act'
- » The Traditional Munich Security Meeting Continues With the Participation of the Bulgarian PM
- » The Spanish Prime Minister Announced Snap Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Bulgarian President President Rumen Radev Will Participate in a Meeting with the Business in Haskovo.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Participated in the Conference on Peace and Security in the Middle East
Surprise? If it wasnt for the KGB trained secret service Bulgaria would have been far ahead economically and socially. These agents are still active and their plan to control Bulgaria is going well. Just a reminder that half of the presidency is made up of ex-secert service agents not to mention the prime minster's surrounding comprised of exactly as many and the justice system flooded with them as well...Their goal is to imitate progress and perhaps get some European money since they already stole money from the citizens of BG...