High Air Pollution to Close Downtown Sofia
The department's director Petar Traikov said that the municipality installed a monitoring system at the juncture between the central Rakovski and Moskovska streets, which measures and shows information about air pollution.
"If the system shows pollution levels high above the health norms, downtown traffic may be temporary stopped, in order to improve the conditions," Traikov told reporters.
Last week, experts warned of 209.27 miligrammes of dust particles per cubic metre of the air in fog-blanketed Sofia, while the norm is 50 milligrammes.
The new system detects seven major air pollutants and officials informed that such monitors will be soon installed at other central junctures in the capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Approves Pfizer-Biontech Vaccines for Children between 12-15
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,078 new cases
- » India Covid Variant Could Be of Global Concern According to WHO
- » Whale Stuck in London's Themes River Freed
- » Connecting Europe Train Will Pass through Bulgaria September 15-17
- » Covid Testing Scams Gain Currency in Bulgaria