Badly Secured Cargo May Have Caused Vanessa Shipwreck
Sources close to the investigators of the tragic incident have said that the scrap metal cargo may have come out of place during the deadly storm and punctured the ship's shell.
Experts are also trying to find out if the 35-year old Vanessa was in a good technical condition.
The investigation on the case will last for at least three months, National Investigation Service official Georgi Iliev said on Tuesday.
Bulgarian investigators are working on six versions concerning the reasons for the ship's sinking, including that business interests lay behind it, as claimed by Ukraine's Transport and Communications Minister Yosip Vinsky.
He said the vessel refused help twice in the beginning of the storm last week, as the owner of the ship probably decided to save money on the rescue operation.
Mechanic Nikolay Dimitrov who is the only survivor so far of the 11 crewmembers aboard Vanessa, arrived Wednesday in the coastal city of Burgas.
Dimitrov who was rescued after spending 10 hours in the ice-cold waters said he will speak to the media about the tragedy on Thursday.
- » Travel and Read in a Retro Tram in Sofia on May 24th
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
Not sure who u r calling gypsy reader but hey lets no worry about that.
Yes u behave like beasts and Bulgarians go to the UK to get some cash not to mingle with u. Dont get me wrong there is a lot of nice British, usually the educated ones.Some of us go to the UK to study as it is a privilege to study in an English speaking country.
And not much needed to be done for unemployment in the past as there was not any/or very low./ By the way we are not stupid but different and it take time for an eastern culture to suddenly work as a western one, be patient!