Orchid Developments Granted Varna Mall Construction Permit
The company said it was "pleased to announce it has been granted a construction permit for the Orchid MultiUse Complex, which includes the Grand Mall Varna, and has secured the financing required for the development," in a statement to the London Stock Exchange alternative investment market, where it is listed.
Orchid said it would borrow roughly EUR 107 M from Hungarian banks OTP and MKB to finance the project. The loan is for a period of 20 years and is on a non-recourse basis.
The 150 000 square meters mall will include 45 000 square meters of commercial space for lease, as well as 40 000 square meters of office space. It is expected to be completed by end-2009.
Israeli firm Moore-Yasky-Sivan Architects (M-Y-S) carried out the architectural design and will oversee construction, together with Varna firm LAGIS Ltd.
M-Y-S also designed Mall of Sofia, which opened last year, while former Mall of Sofia chief executive Eli Egosi will act as consultant on the project.
Real estate consultants Colliers International will handle all leasing contracts in the complex.
The project has been recognised as a first-class investment by the country's investment agency BAI, which entitles it to certain tax breaks and state aid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Election Campaign for Snap Parliamentary Elections on July 11, Has Started
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Is Delightfully Quiet Now but Not for All
- » Learning How It Works: The Process of Bitcoin Trading Possibilities
- » No Russian Holidaymakers in Greece and Bulgaria This Summer
- » Bulgaria: Retired Prof. Kanradzhiev Comments on Rumours about His Wealth
- » US Health Watchdog Eases Travel Restrictions for 110 Countries, Bulgaria Including