Musharraf Gives Up Army Command
Gen Musharraf passed a ceremonial baton to Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani at the army's headquarters.
In his farewell address, Gen Musharraf said the army was his "life" and he was proud to have been the commander of this "great force".
He had been under huge pressure to quit as army chief and is due to be sworn in as civilian president on Thursday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » China reports Third Consecutive Daily Record for New COVID-19 Cases
- » Musk will endorse DeSantis in the 2024 US Presidential Election
- » NATO: There will be No Lasting Peace if Russia Wins the War in Ukraine
- » Over 600 Arrests after Shootout between Migrants near the Serbia-Hungary Border