Musharraf Gives Up Army Command
Gen Musharraf passed a ceremonial baton to Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani at the army's headquarters.
In his farewell address, Gen Musharraf said the army was his "life" and he was proud to have been the commander of this "great force".
He had been under huge pressure to quit as army chief and is due to be sworn in as civilian president on Thursday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk