EC Congratulates Ukraine on Dropping Visas for Bulgaria, Romania
"We highly appreciate the assurance of Ukraine's Foreign Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk that this step aims at easing the seal of an agreement between his country and the block on alleviating visa regime for Ukrainian nationals wishing to visit the EU," an EC spokesperson said.
The institution however failed to announce when the agreement is to be signed.
"We expect to receive some document from Ukraine and then should peruse them," the spokesperson added.
The EU has called on Ukraine to undertake such an action about a month ago. The main argument was that as of January 2007Bulgaria and Romania are members of the EU and all relations with them should be equal to those with older members.
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria to Launch Joint Application to Euro Waiting Room and Banking Union
- » Minister Kralev: We should use New Technologies to Show the Beauty of Sport and to Motivate for Physical Activity
- » Improving Security through Information Sharing: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on Interoperability
- » Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov Opened an International Scientific Conference on Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence
- » Screening of Investments: Council Agrees its Negotiating Stance
- » Audiovisual Media Services: Agreement on a Directive to Protect Minors, Boost Competitiveness and Promote European Content
englishsteve, you are so stupid :) really, firstly you should never talk so rudely about any country, secondly, gosh, just because U are poor and cant afford to visit Ukraine, it doesnt means the country is bad. Im half Ukrainian, Travel between England, India, US, EU, CIS and Ukraine, and Ukraine is the most attractive country, 'non polluted air' where many protected birds and animals enjoy life at cleanest beaches, Unlike your country. Also free trade, fastest rising economy in East europe, the biggest aircraft in the world An-255. Come on man, Ill pay you to vist Ukraine, or may be give you some alms? to visit Ukraine :)
I readyy hope U read this, also search for some Information, start with wikipedia, keep ur self upto date ;)
Its all well and good congratulating the Ukrainians for dropping the need for visa's for Bulgarians and Romanians but really, come on, who wants to go to the Ukraine? Even if the Ukrainians payed people to go to their country i'm sure not many people would bother.