Bulgarian MPs Vote on Flat Tax
In summer, the leaders of the coalition have agreed to scrap the existing progressive taxation system with three income brackets and introduce a flat income tax of 10% starting from 2008.
The MPs have to amend the law before voting on next year's draft budget, which has been filed by the cabinet last week.
Other issues on the legislature's agenda include amendments to the laws on classified information, explosive substances and weapons, as well as the law for film industry.
MPs are also due to hear out four cabinet ministers for a regular questions and answers session - disasters management minister Emel Etem, finance minister Plamen Oresharski, interior minister Rumeon Petkov and transport minister Petar Mutafchiev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria