Le Pen: Turkey not a European Country
Speaking in front of thousands at an electoral rally of Bulgarian nationalist party Ataka, Le Pen dismissed the prospects of Turkey's membership, saying it did not belong in Europe geographically, historically or culturally.
He will have found his audience receptive too - Ataka considers Bulgaria's ethnic Turk MRF party, which is in the three-way ruling coalition, unconstitutional and at the roots of much of the corruption that pervades the new EU member state.
Le Pen's Front National is currently gathering signatures under a petition to block Turkey's efforts to join the EU.
The French politician was in the Bulgarian capital for the launch of Ataka's campaign ahead of next month's local polls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine