Bulgaria Celebrates Independence Day
On this day, 99 years ago, the state proclaimed its independence from the Ottoman Empire and became sovereign kingdom.
In 1878, Bulgaria was proclaimed an autonomous principality and regained ful independence as kingdom in 1908.
On September 22 the then head of state - the crowned King Ferdinand- promulgated a manifesto proclaiming all Bulgarians free and himself a king of an independent country.
Bulgaria's old capital Veliko Tarnovo, where the Independence was proclaimed in 1908, is to host an official ceremony on this occasion.
The Independence Day is celebrated as an official holiday by a decision of Parliament of September 10, 1998.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects