Bulgaria Still Assessing Damages from Hailstorm
The worst damages have been reported in southern Bulgaria, where wind speed has reached in some areas 120 km/h, while the amount of rain that fell was around 70 litres per square meter.
Dozens of trees have been uprooted by the storm winds, which also damaged roofs in villages in towns throughout the southern regions of the country.
In the town of Dospat, 65 kilometres southwest of Plovdiv, a small tornado has damaged more than four in five houses.
In the same town, a 12-year-old girl was killed by lightning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours