25 Polish Pilgrims Die in Bus Crash in France
Another 24 people were seriously injured, local authorities said. The pilgrims were traveling back from a holy site in the French Alps.
The accident occurred on a steep descent near Grenoble, at about 9:30 am local time.
The prefecture of the Isere region in southeast France said the bus was carrying 49 passengers, a driver and another person who was likely a second driver. Many of the passengers were elderly, rescue workers said.
Seven people had light injuries, the prefecture said.
Four or five people whose names appeared on the passenger list were still unaccounted for, firefighters on the scene said.
Firefighters said the bus suffered a problem with its brakes and plowed through a protective fence, falling onto the bank of the La Romanche River below the road.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia
- » Nuclear Tensions: Russia has told the US it is temporarily suspending inspections under New START
- » The FBI raided Donald Trump's Mansion
- » Day 166 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Amnesty Apologized for its Report but Did Not Retract its Findings
- » "Islamic Jihad" confirmed the Truce with Israel