Police Wraps up Probe into Swedish Tourist Death in Bulgaria
A disturbing footage, recorded by a witness at the scene, was aired earlier this week, showing senior commissioner Vassil Belchev watching passively as bouncer Yassen Minev is brutally stumping the helpless Barzan Arif, a Swede of Iraqi origin.
The tourist died in hospital on the next day, Monday, due to heavy bruising to his head and body.
The footage made Burgas region police commissioner Pavlin Dimitrov order an internal investigation into the case, vowing heavy sanctions.
Yassen Minev, the bouncer at Help disco club, was arrested on Thursday and charged with murder by negligence.
Minev and witnesses say that the tourist and a friend of his were drunk and acted aggressively when they entered the disco club. As bouncers tried to take them out of, the two young men threatened them with a knuckle-duster and a twenty-centimetre-long knife.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained