Bulgarian Capital Home to 11,124 Stray Dogs
The districts of Vitosha, Kremikovtzi, Krasno Selo and Ovcha Kupel are the ones with the highest population of homeless canines, the data shows.
Still, it is an improvement over the past few years, during which the city hall has managed to cut their number in half, Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov said.
The city hall plans to continue neutering the stray dogs and moving them to animal shelters, reducing the danger them spreading infectious diseases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today