Bulgarian Capital Home to 11,124 Stray Dogs
The districts of Vitosha, Kremikovtzi, Krasno Selo and Ovcha Kupel are the ones with the highest population of homeless canines, the data shows.
Still, it is an improvement over the past few years, during which the city hall has managed to cut their number in half, Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov said.
The city hall plans to continue neutering the stray dogs and moving them to animal shelters, reducing the danger them spreading infectious diseases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District