Live Earth Concerts Kick Off in Europe
Sydney and Tokyo were the first two cities to host concerts, organised by former US vice-president Al Gore, whose documentary on global warming, An Inconvenient Truth, won an Oscar earlier this year.
The global event, which will go on for 24 hours, is expected to reach more than two billion people via television, radio and the Internet, and starts a three-year campaign to "heal the planet", in Gore's words.
Gigs in Johannesburg and Shanghai preceded the two European concerts, with events in Washington, New York and Rio de Janeiro wrapping up the marathon.
Among the artists who agreed to perform are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews Band, Beastie Boys, Foo Fighters and Chris Cornell.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine