Sarcophagus, Unique Gold Jewellery Unearthed in Bulgaria
The cremated bones of a woman, who was buried in 1st - 2nd century, were placed in the sarcophagus.
The archaeologist Daniela Agre claims that was a unreal typical for the richest families in the Roman Era.
The team of Professor Agre, who are doing excavation works in the area, stumbled upon the unique artefacts while researching the so called Raykova mound.
They hope the relics of the eminent person the mound was made for will be discovered in few days.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year