Segolene Royal Breaks 25-Year Relationship over Infidelity
Royal said the reason for the parting was the infidelity of her partner , Socialist leader Francois Hollande.
Further details will be revealed in Royal's autobiography, which is to be published this week.
"I asked him to leave our home to continue pursuing his love interests and wished him happiness," Royal said in a statement on Monday.
The couple has four children.
Hollande confirmed the news, but was adamant that the high-profile split would have no major political consequences and re-iterating that he would stay on as party leader until the next party congress, scheduled for the fall of 2008.
But with Royal asserting her ambition to challenge for the party hot-seat, the two are likely to clash then, or even earlier if the Socialists decide to call an early congress.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia