Kurd Guerrillas Derail Freight Train in Turkey
The guerrillas set off a remote controlled bomb on Friday, derailing seven cars of a freight train in the latest attack in the country's southeast, authorities said. No immediate casualties were reported.
The attack occurred near the town Genc in southeastern Bingol province, the governor's office said.
On Thursday, the rebels killed six Turkish soldiers in a roadside bomb attack. A deadly suicide bombing occurred two days earlier that intensified debate in Turkey about whether to attack Kurdish rebels operating across the border in northern Iraq.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine