Bulgaria's Rose Oil to Hit Record Output in 2007
The production is expected to reach the record 2.5 tons, having in mind that the only place where this expensive product is made is the rose valley in the Bulgarian town of Kazanlak.
Compared to 2006, not the valley will give enough rose oil to bring a 66% growth of the production. This is due to the fact that for the first time this year the oil will be gathered from around 3500 hectares of rose fields.
The picking of the oil roses started last week and the producers say this will be one of the best yields for the past several years.
Bulgaria has invested around BGN 100 M in the last 5 years for enlarging the rose plantations and for the building of modern oleaginous distilling facilities.
The Bulgarian oil rose is one of the most expensive products, sold all over the world and is mainly used for the production of high quality perfumes and essential oils. At the moment a kilogram of rose oil costs EUR 4000 at the international market.
Bulgaria is among the four biggest producers of rose oil in the world, together with Turkey, Morocco and Iran.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest
- » Bulgaria Adopted Today its Recovery and Sustainability Plan
- » Protests of Miners and Workers in the Energy Sector Blocked the Center of Sofia