President: Cyrillic Alphabet Day Incorporates Bulgaria in EU
The celebrations get better and better each year, the President believes.
Bulgaria must work harder to find new, competitive ways to give to the country's intellectuals, scientists, clergy and students better conditions for working and studying in the education area, Parvanov said.
He pointed out that Bulgaria has two holidays dedicated to spirituality and education - May 24, the day of the Sts Cyril and Methodius, the creators of the Cyrillic alphabet and November 1, the day of the national enlighteners. "We are the only country in Europe and maybe in the world that has two such holidays and this gives us the right to be hold our heads high with proud," he added.
In Sofia, in the presence of President Georgi Parvanov, cabinet ministers, lawmakers, governors, academicians and numerous guests, a solemn manifestation strolled from the National Palace of Culture to the monument of the two brothers in the square in front of the National Library.
The Bishop of Znepole said a prayer the Bulgarian statesmen, scientists, teachers, schoolchildren and students.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Pope to Bulgaria’s PM: Corruption is a Disease and You Can Eradicate it
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » Speaker of Parliament: Right now, Bulgaria is Not Preparing to Lift the Veto over North Macedonia
- » Investigative Journalist: No Parties and Individuals in Bulgaria are Associated with Kremlin and Russian Propaganda
- » How will Bulgarians Pay and Vote Electronically in the Future
- » Bulgarian Political Party blocked a Road in Protest of North Macedonia’s EU Membership