President: Cyrillic Alphabet Day Incorporates Bulgaria in EU
The celebrations get better and better each year, the President believes.
Bulgaria must work harder to find new, competitive ways to give to the country's intellectuals, scientists, clergy and students better conditions for working and studying in the education area, Parvanov said.
He pointed out that Bulgaria has two holidays dedicated to spirituality and education - May 24, the day of the Sts Cyril and Methodius, the creators of the Cyrillic alphabet and November 1, the day of the national enlighteners. "We are the only country in Europe and maybe in the world that has two such holidays and this gives us the right to be hold our heads high with proud," he added.
In Sofia, in the presence of President Georgi Parvanov, cabinet ministers, lawmakers, governors, academicians and numerous guests, a solemn manifestation strolled from the National Palace of Culture to the monument of the two brothers in the square in front of the National Library.
The Bishop of Znepole said a prayer the Bulgarian statesmen, scientists, teachers, schoolchildren and students.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » PM of India Narendra Modi Addresses the United Nations General Assembly
- » PM Borissov at UN summit: Bulgaria Is Ready To Do Its Part. It Is Time For Action
- » Morocco: Meeting Between EC Vice-President Borrell and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Bourita
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Will Participate in 75th Session of UN General Assembly