Public Transport Drivers Protests in Bulgaria Reach Plovdiv
Following the example of their colleagues in Sofia to protest, they demanded a 100% rise of their wages.
Some 100 drivers arrived in the morning in front of the municipality's building to protest and declared they will not get back to work even on Sunday. The drivers also want the process of privatisation of the transport company to be stepped up.
As a reply to the protesters, the municipal head, Todor Petkov, said the only way for the drivers to get their money is the municipality to grant a loan to the company. But Petkov fears this might ruin the deal for selling 67% of the shares of the transport companies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Opposition will submit a Vote of No Confidence against the Government due to its Energy Policy
- » PM Denkov: The Netherlands and Austria should Change their Position on Bulgaria’s Schengen Accession
- » Bulgaria: Part of the Protesters agreed with the Government - The Coal Plants will Not Close
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church has no authority to reopen the Russian Church
- » The Ban on Russian Cars entering Bulgaria also applies to Transit
- » Bulgaria: The Blockades of "Struma" and "Trakia" remain for the 5th Day - Protesters to meet with Denkov