Sofia Public Transport Strike Hanging in the Air
The news broke a day after representatives of Sofia's municipality agreed on a BGN 200 rise in salaries but before the municipal council of the capital voted down the proposal for the allotment of the needed BGN 7 M.
In order to be passed, the proposal had to be adopted with 31 votes. The meeting of the municipal council, however, was attended by 33 councillors, one voted against and two abstained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Opposition will submit a Vote of No Confidence against the Government due to its Energy Policy
- » PM Denkov: The Netherlands and Austria should Change their Position on Bulgaria’s Schengen Accession
- » Bulgaria: Part of the Protesters agreed with the Government - The Coal Plants will Not Close
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church has no authority to reopen the Russian Church
- » The Ban on Russian Cars entering Bulgaria also applies to Transit
- » Bulgaria: The Blockades of "Struma" and "Trakia" remain for the 5th Day - Protesters to meet with Denkov