Turkey's Sisecam Freezes Further Investment in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's two most important labour laws - the Labour Code and the Collective Labour Disputes Settlement Act - contain contradictory stipulations, company officials said.
That allows employees to disregard the collective labour agreement with Sisecam, as they did to go on strike last year, demanding higher wages.
The dispute was settled after Sisecam agreed to raise salaries by an average 10%, but remains wary of a repeat.
The Turkish company has invested USD 220 M in three glassware factories and had earmarked an equal amount for future investment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Woman Was Rescued In the Rila Mountain after Hours in The Open
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim