Sofia Mayor Urges for Delay on Transport Strike
Borissov sent letters to KNSB leader Konstantin Trenchev and Podkrepa head Zhelyazko Hristov, urging them to delay the strike planned for May 2.
"As a mayor of the biggest and most dynamic city in the country, I am concerned of its condition and obligated to ensure the comfort of all Sofia citizens, but I also support the just demands of the transport workers," Borissov wrote. He suggested that if the government doesn't comply with the drivers' demands, and there is no getting around the strike, than it should at least be delayed until May 21, the day after the elections.
He explained that his request aimed at cutting вЂ?all political insinuations on the topic and the associations with facts and years long past." This would, on the one hand stop the political bickering on the matter and on the other give the government enough time to comply so workers wouldn't have to go on strike, Borissov thinks.
The strike committee's head Pavel Hristov has commented that drivers probably wouldn't agree with Borissov's suggestion but they will discuss it on Thursday nevertheless.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Opposition will submit a Vote of No Confidence against the Government due to its Energy Policy
- » PM Denkov: The Netherlands and Austria should Change their Position on Bulgaria’s Schengen Accession
- » Bulgaria: Part of the Protesters agreed with the Government - The Coal Plants will Not Close
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church has no authority to reopen the Russian Church
- » The Ban on Russian Cars entering Bulgaria also applies to Transit
- » Bulgaria: The Blockades of "Struma" and "Trakia" remain for the 5th Day - Protesters to meet with Denkov