Marble Phrygian Goddess Statue Discovered in Bulgaria
The rare find was unearthed during excavation works, done because of the construction of a new private hotel.
"The statue has no head and part of the goddess' palm is also missing," the curator of the local museum Radostina Encheva said.
It emerged that a column with a Latin inscription and an architectural element with bulls' heads were discovered on the same spot on Monday.
The construction works have been left. The police will keep the site until a team of archaeologists makes excavations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: One in Ten People in Europe will be Infected with COVID-19 by the End of the Week
- » Record Number of Deaths from COVID-19 in Greece
- » Mixing Vaccines against COVID-19 provides better Protection
- » Bulgaria is among the Places with the Most Polluted Air in Europe
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall, Snowfall and Strong Wind Announced for 3 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Traveling to the UK now Requires a COVID Test even for Vaccinated Passengers