World Skating Champions to Finally Tie the Knot
Champions for two years in a row, Denkova and Staviiski managed to battle against all odds in the sport's subjective marks, Bulgaria's appalling skating conditions and lots of contusions.
Now they will mark another joyous event that hundreds of fans have eagerly been expecting for over a year now - their wedding, private bTV channel reported.
The duo's magical rendition of the seven deadly sins in a tango recorded by Bulgaria's famed violin player Vasko Vassilev brought them the decisive win for a second year in a row.
"We were under deadly pressure but still managed to perfectly perform our free dance. The feeling is incredible!" Albena Denkova said. She has often said that she finds it hard to dance under the sounds of Vassilev's violin, because it is so deep and moving that her knees go weak.
Second ranked Canada's Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon. The Americans Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto took the bronze medals.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro
- » Jess Messina Off to Bulgaria
I'd like to have seen this performance with the Vasko Vassilev music. Anybody know if it's on youtube or anything?
Incidentally, I haven't been on for a while because we've moved to the coolest city in the USA- CHICAGO!!! I've missed you DP, Kolega, viking, et al.
Smiling as always,