Famous Bulgarian Musician Dies Aged 98
He was born in Sofia on December 3, 1909. He graduated in the German Musical Academy, his majors being violin playing in the class of Hans Koch and chamber music in the class of Leopold Kramer.
During his long life he was head of the violin department, dean of the performer's faculty and chancellor of the State Music Academy. Professor Avramov was the founder and leader of many national and international musical initiatives.
Avramov was awarded Bulgaria's highest honour "Stara Planina" 1st class and the honorary sign of Plovdiv city.
The professor received the doctor honoris causa title in 1994 by the State musical Academy for his immense contribution to the music in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 24-year-old Bulgarian Woman Designs the World's Largest Children's Center in Italy
- » Britain's Prince Philip, 96, Leaves Hospital
- » Vanuatu's President Baldwin Lonsdale dies in Port Vila after sudden heart attack
- » Who Is Who: Top Bulgarian Tennis Player Tsvetana Pironkova
- » Bulgaria PM Congratulates Patriarch Maxim on 95th Birthday
- » Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Eurovision 2010 Representative Miro